The 2019 ‘Love & Melbourne’ competition was open to international students living and studying in Victoria. They were invited to write, photograph, draw or film anything that best represented their love for Melbourne.
The winners were announced on stage at the Wheeler Centre on Wednesday 4 September during MWF19.
Visual Category: Fiona Kazan – Just A Conversation Away
English Language Training Category: Brenda Alexandra Munoz – Falling In Love With A New City, Melbourne
High School Category: Ting Tang – Alone but not lonely
Vocational Education & Training Category: Natalia Palacio Vasquez – What it feels like to make a dream come true
Higher Education Category: Anna Faciejew – Falling in love with a city
People’s Choice Award: Elizabeth Loaiza (Written – English Language Training) My Gorgeous Australian Lady
- Belle de Jong (Written – Higher Education) Love letter to Melbs
- Chuting (Tina) Tang (Written – High School) Good Morning, Melbourne
- Haley Zilberberg (Written – Higher Education) Minutes, Moments, Months: Melbourne
- Hayley Pitcher (Written – Higher Education) Melbourne, You Were Not Love at First Sight
- Hei Wai Hilary Kwan (Written – Higher Education) Melbourne – A Treasure Trove
- Jennifer Luki Andreany (Visual) My Love for Melbourne in 3 Rectangles
- Jiaqi (Winnie) Weng (Written – High School) Falling in love with Melbourne
- Jingyi Wang (Written – High School) An amazing experience in Melbourne
- Lucas Tamayo (Visual) A Year of Love
- Olga Kostochka (Written – Higher Education) The Melbourne Sky
- Radhika Agarwal (Written – Higher Education) Home away from Home
- Samir Andres Engel Perez (Visual) The colours of Melbourne
- Shu Kwan Fung (Written – Higher Education) Is Melbourne Good?
- Xinyi Wu (Written – High School) Me & Melb – My first ever play