The 2019 ‘Love & Melbourne’ competition was open to international students living and studying in Victoria. They were invited to write, photograph, draw or film anything that best represented their love for Melbourne.
Below are the most creative and inspiring entries from each category, the finalists in the People’s Choice award.
The winners will be announced on stage at the Wheeler Centre on Wednesday 4 September. Book your free tickets to this special event as part of MWF19 here.
- Anna Faciejew (Written – Higher Education) Falling in love with a city
- Belle de Jong (Written – Higher Education) Love letter to Melbs
- Brenda Alexandra Munoz (Written- English Language Training) Falling In Love With A New City, Melbourne
- Chuting (Tina) Tang (Written – High School) Good Morning, Melbourne
- Elizabeth Loaiza (Written – English Language Training) My Gorgeous Australian Lady
- Fiona Kazan (Visual) Just A Conversation Away
- Hayley Pitcher (Written – Higher Education) Melbourne, You Were Not Love at First Sight
- Haley Zilberberg (Written – Higher Education) Minutes, Moments, Months: Melbourne
- Hei Wai Hilary Kwan (Written – Higher Education) Melbourne – A Treasure Trove
- Jennifer Luki Andreany (Visual) My Love for Melbourne in 3 Rectangles
- Jiaqi (Winnie) Weng (Written – High School) Falling in love with Melbourne
- Jingyi Wang (Written – High School) An amazing experience in Melbourne
- Lucas Tamayo (Visual) A Year of Love
- Natalia Palacio Vasquez (Written – Vocational Education & Training) What it feels like to make a dream come true
- Olga Kostochka (Written – Higher Education) The Melbourne Sky
- Radhika Agarwal (Written – Higher Education) Home away from Home
- Samir Andres Engel Perez (Visual) The colours of Melbourne
- Shu Kwan Fung (Written – Higher Education) Is Melbourne Good?
- Ting Tang (Written – High School) Alone but not lonely
- Xinyi Wu (Written – High School) Me & Melb – My first ever play