Led by Australian artist and curator Leisa Shelton, SCRIBE is an intimate immersive art experience that collects anonymous experiences from public contributors. In a series of face-to-face sessions with a scribe who listens, converses and records the experience in writing, audiences at MWF will be invited to create an ‘affective archive’ of their inner-most thoughts and feelings, in response to the question, ‘What was your experience of MWF?’
A collection of artists will enable the reflections we may not usually take the time for, opening a space for wandering associations and observations.
SCRIBE will be hosted at Melbourne Writers Festival on:
- 25 August, 1–3pm, The Atrium, Fed Square
- 25 August, 4.30–6.30pm, Main Bar, Mission to Seafarers
- 26 August, 1–3pm, The Atrium, Fed Square
- 26 August, 4.30–6.30pm, Main Bar, Mission to Seafarers
- 1 September, 1–5pm, The Atrium, Fed Square
- 2 September, 1–5pm, The Atrium, Fed Square
After the Festival, the anonymous recordings will be arranged into a collection that will be available for public viewing as a memorialisation of MWF18 and the unique experiences of audience members.
About the Artist
Leisa Shelton is a performance artist and curator. Her current work SCRIBE was commissioned by Arts House Melbourne, for the 2016 Festival of Live Art and has recently been presented in Berlin and in the UK, at Spill Festival.