A Year of Reading – Terms and Conditions
1. Instructions on how to enter and other details contained within promotional advertisements for this competition form part of the conditions of entry.
2. By entering the competition, entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
3. The Terms and Conditions of this competition are governed by the laws of the state of Victoria.
4. The competition is being run by Melbourne Writers Festival, Level 1, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 (‘MWF’).
5. The A Year of Reading competition (‘the competition’) commences at 8.30am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Thursday 1 June 2017.
6. The closing time for entering the competition is 9am AEST on Thursday 7 September 2017.
7. Entry to the competition is limited to Australian residents.
8. To enter the competition, the entrant must be subscribed to the MWF eNews at the time of the draw.
9. Entry to the competition is free. Entrants will be responsible for all costs associated with entering the competition, which may include costs associated with accessing the internet.
10. Entrants may only enter the competition once.
11. Staff employed by MWF and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
12. There will be one (1) prize. This prize will be a set of 52 books.
13. There will be one (1) draw at 9am Australian Eastern Standard Time on Thursday 7 September at the Melbourne Writers Festival office. The draw will be by random selection from all eligible entries received with the first entry drawn being the prize winner.
14. The prize winner will be contacted within seven (7) days of the draw using the email address supplied by the entrant on the subscription form.
15. If the prize winner does not respond to claim the prize within twenty-one (21) days of the draw, a re-draw will be conducted within thirty (30) days of the original draw date, in the same location, and with the same method. Redraws will continue in the same manner until the prize has been claimed.
16. If the prize winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
17. The prize may be collected in person by the prize winner or parent/legal guardian or may be mailed/couriered.
18. If a prize winner who has been contacted and been made aware of their prize winning, and has agreed to collect the prize or for which collection is the only method for receiving the prize, does not collect the prize within twenty-one (21) days of this contact, a re-draw will be conducted within thirty (30) days of the original draw date, in the same location, and with the same method.
19. The prize winner, or if under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian, may be required to provide evidence of their identity (such as photographic ID, birth certificate or current passport) when receiving the prize.
20. The prize winner will be responsible for all costs associated with collecting and using the prize.
21. By entering the competition the entrant agrees that they are over the age of 18 years, of if under the age of 18 years, have their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to enter the competition.
22. The prize is not redeemable for cash or an alternative prize.
23. The prize is not transferable.
24. The prize winner’s name will be published on the MWF website and social media. By entering the competition, entrants grant MWF permission to use their full name on its website and social media.
25. MWF is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for any problems or any financial costs incurred, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other persons related to or resulting from participation in this competition.
26. MWF accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the competition or the prize, either during or after the competition.
27. Entry into the competition signifies acceptance of all conditions. Entrants are required to abide by the terms and conditions as presented.
28. MWF’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.