Answering your COVID questions
This page will be regularly updated to provide up-to-date information and respond to any concerns about how COVID may impact your MWF experience. If you have specific questions, please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.
We’re delighted to welcome audiences back to Melbourne Writers Festival. The safety of our audiences, artists and staff is our number one priority. We ask that all visitors to MWF follow COVID-safe practices, as guided by MWF staff and volunteers.
MWF will be managed in accordance with the Victorian Government’s latest COVID-safe settings and restrictions. Should any new restrictions or policies impact events, we will update our website and be in touch with ticketholders directly.
How can I have a COVID-safe MWF?
We encourage all our attendees to follow some simple COVID-safe practices to keep themselves and others safe and comfortable at MWF:
- Maintain physical distancing where practical;
- Mask-wearing is no longer mandated by the Victorian Government but we recommend wearing one in our venues. If you do not have a mask with you but would feel more comfortable wearing one inside a MWF venue, ask our friendly staff or volunteers who will happily provide one for you;
- Make frequent use of the hand sanitiser and washing facilities at the venue;
- Listen to and comply with instructions given by venue staff and volunteers;
- Stay up to date with the latest information at coronavirus.vic.gov.au
The health of our audience, artists and staff is of the highest importance. Some of the protective measures to expect when you attend MWF include:
- Paperless ticketing and cashless box offices;
- Regular cleaning and sanitising of our venues and public areas;
- Availability of hand sanitiser at venues;
- Seating in venues that complies with current state government requirements.
Will book signings still be a part of MWF?
Yes! We know that an MWF highlight for many is the opportunity to meet their favourite authors and have their books signed. In the interests of keeping our authors and readers safe and comfortable, we recommend wearing masks.
I have COVID, am awaiting a PCR test, or have COVID symptoms and am unable to attend my booked event anymore. Can I refund my ticket?
The safety and wellbeing of staff, volunteers, audiences and artists is our key concern. We encourage you to stay at home if you are feeling unwell or have symptoms of COVID.
So that you can still book tickets with confidence, we have introduced some additional flexibility to our ticketing and refund policy.
You will be entitled to a refund or exchange if you:
- Are required to self-isolate or quarantine (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period)
- Have COVID-like symptoms, have tested positive for COVID (including a rapid antigen test), and/or are awaiting PCR test results.
Please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours before the day of your event to arrange a refund or exchange. MWF will not be able to provide a refund if you contact us after the event.